*This document was last updated in October 2022*
I. Privacy Principles
Our site and app may contain links to affiliated company websites, including the insurance carriers whose products are sold on the Wātea app. We are not responsible for the privacy practices, security measures or content of any such affiliated companies. Since we do not have control over Privacy Policies of any third party, we recommend and encourage you to review Privacy Policies of all merchants and third parties before you provide any Personal Information or complete any transaction with such parties.
- IP Address. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our web site. Your IP address is also used to help identify you and to gather basic demographic information.
III. Your Privacy
Although it is necessary in the conduct of business to obtain and use personal information regarding individuals whom we serve, we shall employ and follow sound, reasonable and ethical practices to protect every individual’s right to privacy. That being said, most of the information on our website is available to you without the need to disclose any Personal Information. Accordingly, the following principles shall govern the gathering, use and dissemination of any Personal Information gathered by Wātea Life, LLC:
- We DO NOT sell customer information.
- We DO NOT provide customer information to persons or organizations outside of our affiliated companies for marketing purposes.
- We contractually require any person providing products or services on our behalf to protect the confidentiality of Personal Information.
- We DO NOT sell, trade or rent your Personal Information to others.
- We DO NOT use or disclose any information outside our affiliate companies, except as required and accepted by law as outlined in Section V.
Transmissions over the internet are never 100% secure or error free. However, we take reasonable steps to protect your Private Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and/or destruction.
V. Disclosure of Personal Information
- What Can I Do Without Disclosing Any Information? Most of our website is available to you without entering any personal information. You can learn about our services and click on links to other websites without providing any information.
- Do I Need to Submit Personal Information? Most of the information on our website is available to the general public. However, should you choose to purchase a service via the website or our mobile app, you will be required to enter information such as name, address and phone number.
- What Information Do We Collect and How Do We Collect It? Through the site and on the mobile app, we receive data that you actively submit as well as data that we track.
Will Any of the Personal Information Collected Be Disclosed to Outside Parties? We
are not in the business of selling or renting your information. We do not share your
personally identifiable information with others, except as follows:
1. Affiliates: We may share your information with our affiliates, including insurance carriers, to enable them to provide services to you and to enable them to contact you regarding additional products and services in which you have expressed an interest.
2. Agents and Service Providers: We sometimes contract with other companies and individuals to perform functions or services for us or on our behalf. They may have access to personal information, such as addresses, needed to perform their functions, but are contractually restricted from using it for purposes other than providing services for Wātea or on our behalf. We may share limited information with trusted business partners, but anyone who has access to your information contractually is obligated to keep your information confidential.
3. Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy assets. In such transactions, user information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, if either Wātea itself or any of Wātea’s assets were acquired, your personal information may be one of the transferred assets. We may share or transfer your information in connection with a prospective or actual sale, merger, transfer or other reorganization of all or parts of our business.
4. Legal Matters: We may share your information as required by law or in the interest of protecting or exercising our or other’s legal rights, without limitation, in connection with requests from law enforcement officials and in connection with court proceedings.
- Why do we collect data? We collect passively tracked data primarily for purposes of administering, protecting and improving our app, our site and our systems, to better understand the preferences of our app users and site visitors, to identify server problems, to compile aggregated statistics about app and site usage, and to help personalize your experience on our app and site. We do not deliver third party online advertisements on our site or app, but we advertise our products and services on others' websites.
We collect actively submitted data primarily for two purposes: Firstly, for the purpose for which you originally sent us the data (e.g., to provide information to you, such as insurance quotes, and secondly, for purposes of contacting you to further discuss your interest in our company, the services we provide and ways we can improve them to provide information on services, promotions and events. You can opt out of receiving marketing emails as explained below.
Combinations: Unless you also actively submit personal information such as your name or address, passively tracked data does not typically allow us to identify you personally (even though it can theoretically be done, we do not have the means or an interest to find out who you are, unless you identify yourself voluntarily through an activesubmission of data). To the extent permitted by applicable law, we reserve the right to combine passively tracked data with personal data that you actively submit.
For More Information:
Wātea Life, LLC